For lack of anything better to write about tonight, but in keeping with my custom of blogging when I have other writing to do, I will give my Shabbat guests (and the rest of you) a sneak peak at the food. Assuming I make it all in time.
- roasted lemon-herb chickens (with celery, onions, carrots, and parsnips)
- roasted mixed potatoes and sweet potatoes
- green beans with herbs and tomatoes
- cranberry sauce
- perhaps a kugel contribution from a guest
- apple-cranberry crisp
- vanilla soy ice cream (bought)
- persimmon and avocado salad
- dafina (this is an experiment for me)
- a mustard-less, vaguely Moroccan take on this chicken (in case one experiment goes bad, rely on another)
- something vaguely Moroccan again, involving green beans, because I bought a lot of them when the menu was fuzzy
- a kugel from the freezer, or else Thai-style quinoa - whichever I think will clash less
- chocolate cake
- strawberry sorbet (making this myself was a waste of time, I think) (and also possibly not the best option when the high will be several degrees below freezing
Ah, and rimonlimonana to drink, though unfortunately not with fresh mint.
It's possible that I should be either cooking or sleeping now. Or writing something other than a pointless blog post.